AURORA THREATS - NAACP IMAGE AWARDS NOMINATION

Aurora Threats|NAACP 54th Image Awards Nominee:  ‘Supercilious’ Nominated for ‘Motion Picture’ Outstanding Short-Form (Animated) 

It is our pleasure to present Aurora Threats, the first United States female to collaborate with Ghana, Africa on an animated short film.

Congratulations Aurora!  In recognition of Women's History Month, we are very excited to acknowledge and honor your esteemed accomplishments and contribution to history, and culture.   

Thank you for taking the time to have a conversation.  We would like to congratulate you on your animated short film “Supercilious” which was nominated for the 54th NAACP Image Awards.

I am feeling immensely blessed.  I feel honored.  I feel it’s a chance of a lifetime, a dream come true.  I feel this nomination is an affirmation.  I feel I am where I am right because I followed my heart to receive the pleasures it is bringing me now.  

I am especially appreciative to the NAACP Image Awards for its imprint, for celebrating outstanding achievements, black excellence, and performances in the arts from the African American perspective. 

You are the Creator, Writer, and Executive Producer of “Supercilious”.  I’m interested in knowing what it took to create such an inspiring animated short film. 

What it took was following my own mind, not putting my trust in the opinion of others, but trusting my vision that beaconed within.  Supercilious is a beautiful 9 min animated short film about courage, hope, and success.  A story about a young Belle, her mother, and her dog.  The character Belle was sidelined by her friends because it was their belief they were on top.  Belle was made to feel disdained because of their cavalier conduct.  Incidentally, to their surprise, Belle winds up exceeding expectations because she learned what it took to win by following her own moral compass. 

My desire for Supercilious my animated short film is that it be an inspiration, increase awareness, and be educational yet fun.  I had so much fire when I was working on this project during the quarantine.  Using my imagination was tranquilizing. 

We would like to amplify your success in becoming the first female in the United States to collaborate on an animated short film with Ghana, Africa.  Supercilious trailblazed making world history - - a notable accomplishment. 

Yes, Supercilious blazed into history becoming a first-time collaboration between the United States and Ghana, Africa.

When I first learned of this historical achievement from the Creative Director, in Ghana, Africa I was flabbergasted because such a thing had never crossed my mind.  My goal was to write, create and produce a remarkable project.  The one thing I was absolutely sure of was it was a win.  I created my own space.  I felt I could and now I have.  I am very pleased to have crossed continents to a place called Ghana, a country in Africa.

On this journey, a person may have a lot of plans or ideas for his/her life, but only the plans and purpose of God will truly take you there.   All I can truly say is I am where I am because it’s God’s plan for my life.  

You are very accomplished and have much to celebrate. Can you share with us any of your upcoming projects following ‘Supercilious’?  What can we expect in the future?

I can’t share my playbook.  If you share your playbook you may give up your thrill and find yourself sitting still. You will not be able to enjoy your next fully.

But the dream, the creativity, and the passion that lives within continue to evolve when it’s your God-given.  There’s always a next and a next.

You’re your own boss on this project.  What is the key to being a female businesswoman?

The key to being a successful female businesswoman is having integrity, being confident, fearless, creative, knowledgeable, and only inviting the best to sit at your table.  Some may be talented, but not have the right work ethic or spirit.  The most challenging thing is finding your tribe the group of players you connect with best.

How do you remain so humble?

The best way to stay humble is to declare faith in a higher being to be your foundation.  Never, ever think of yourself more highly than you should.  Never look done on anyone.  Strut kindness and a free spirit it’s a good look.  It allows you to fit in anywhere.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

I enjoy what I do.  I don’t compete.  I am not envious.  I celebrate others’ success.  I do not waste precious time trying to be who or what I wasn’t created to be.  I enjoy executing within my own space.  

I am always reshaping my vision and increasing my knowledge, twirling in my lane. Nothing is worthwhile unless you give all you have.

You have had the opportunity to perform on every major stage in the United States.  How has this experience impacted your creativity?

My experiences on national tours have indeed broadened my scope of creativity.  However, as a writer, I love to embrace smaller places, especially the countryside.  I am a country girl who lives in the city.  A country girl who loves fashion, but feels equally as comfortable in tee shirts and sweats.   

What impacts my creativity the most is the fact that I do what makes me happy. God created all of us with uniqueness; therefore, his plans for each of us are too. I draw from real-life experiences, observation, and listening.  I try not to procrastinate or allow myself to become distracted - - thrown off balance. 

It has been a pleasure speaking with you.  Thank you so much for this interview and for allowing us to see more of your authentic, friendly, and charming personality.  We must give you your props.  You’re creative, fashionable, and a gift to all in the best way.

(Original Interview Done by TravLuxxe)

Comments

  1. Miss Aurora Threats is a true LEADER! Thank you for everything that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looooovvvvvve

The Power Of Love

Supercilious