Meet Aurora Threats | The First Female To Collaborate With Ghana, AF On An Animated Short Film

Meet Aurora Threats | The First Female To Collaborate With Ghana, AF On An Animated Short Film

We had the good fortune of connecting with Aurora Threats and we’ve shared our conversation below.

Hi Aurora, why did you decide to pursue a creative path?

First I am so grateful to Shout Out Magazine for this wonderful
opportunity to sound off. I decided to cultivate an artistic or creative
career because it is that which lights a fire within me. That fire is my
imagination, that fire is what allows my visualization to take me where
no other pursuit has, and that fire inspires me in such a way that it
inspires others.

Ever since I was very young I’ve been drawn to the arts and creativity.
I was born and raised in a small town my attention could have easily
been diverted persuading me to follow the status quo. Assuredly, I did
me, and because I did I am fortunate to be in this exciting moment. I
am not saying don’t explore other opportunities or expand your vision.
Most individuals are multi-hyphenated. The point is when you know,
you know.

“Supercilious” is the reason why I’m here experiencing this exciting
moment, Aside from becoming an award-winning animated short form
on the international film festival circuit Supercilious trailblazed.

It is a poem that I fashioned into a whimsical 9 min animated film. It’s
a story about a young Belle, her mother, and her dog. The character
Belle was sidelined by her friends because they felt she was inferior to
them.

All in God’s perfect timing Supercilious blazed into history becoming a
first-time collaboration between the United States and Ghana, Africa.

My career path was exacted by the space within me where I could
escape and create. It is what I was born to do. The beauty of pursuing
your passion or using your gift is it brings you bliss. That space where
you feel relaxed makes you feel more alive, secure — happy beyond
words. Had I not followed my passion I wouldn’t be doing this
interview today. Nor, would Supercilious be receiving global
recognition.

When it’s all said and done, the dream, the creativity, and the passion
that lives within continue to evolve when it’s your God-given. There’s
always a next and a next.

Let’s talk shop? Tell us more about your career, what can you share with our community?

What sets me apart is the fact that I do what makes me happy. God
created all of us with uniqueness; therefore, his plans for each of us
are too. I listen to his works inside of me. I do not waste precious time
trying to be who or what I wasn’t created to be. I love inspiring others
with my talents. I enjoy executing within my inner space.

I am blessed to have created and produced Supercilious a beautiful
animated short film for children. The Supercilious project has earned
global recognition. It is in consideration for an NAACP Image Award.
This project and its success are what I am most proud of at this time.

The wonderful thing about short films is they are equally as significant
to the cinema as a featured film. I get a kick out of hearing from those
whom my journey has inspired. Some have expressed they’re going to
get busy next year on themselves doing whatever it is they desire. My
advice is to get busy the moment you feel inspired. The moment
there’s excitement within. Timing is important.

How I got where I am right now didn’t happen overnight. I hold a
professional Bachelor of Science degree in Theater Education. I
studied at Marla Gibbs Crossroads Arts Academy, Los Angeles, CA. I
hold a Master’s Degree in Human Relations. I am always reshaping
my vision, increasing my knowledge, and staying in my space.
Nothing is worthwhile unless you give all you have.

If your project requires a team. The important thing is to select your
team wisely. Always seek to connect with those who are serious about
their craft. If something doesn’t feel right it’s because it isn’t.

What I want the world to know not just about me, my brand, or my
story is to believe in your dream. When I don’t know what to do I go to
God.

Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.

If my best friend was coming to visit for a week-long trip. I would have
to get a little creative since I don’t hang out a lot myself. I would take
my friend to the comedy store for an evening of comedy. I would take
my friend to a patio brunch or lunch to enjoy reminisce and enjoy the
fresh air. We would have to do something adventurous line zipline. I
would have to do something rememberable like rent a trolley car for
dinner one evening. We would go to a live production, concert, or
sporting event. We definitely would go shopping and sightseeing.

Since I love the comfort of home I would definitely invite guests over
for an evening of games, fun, and grilling. We would definitely go to
church at “The Potter’s House” since most love TD Jakes.

The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love, and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
I would like to dedicate my shoutout to the book of books. The Bible is
my self-help book and my guiding light. Woven into my story, next to
God’s love, is a mother’s love for her child. I am so grateful for my son
my most precious gift – – my all, my reason, my laughter, my joy, my
endless love … To celebrate my mother it is her love, her wisdom, her
influence, and her prayers that helped to mold me. I owe to her honor
all that I am. Hugs to both my mother and son!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looooovvvvvve

The Power Of Love

Supercilious